Your email address will not be published. Dinner in there beautiful restaurant was one of the high points in our St Valentin stay in Varenna! After five days in Varenna, this restaurant was by far our favorite.More, Myself and my partner are quite fussy when it comes to food, but this place was incredible. As the sun set and dinner was served, the atmosphere just kept improving. Categories Hotel & Lodging . The lakeside promenade in the center of the old borgo of Varenna is lined with restaurants, bars and delightful boutiques. As of 1 May 2022, a Green Pass (showing proof of vaccination or a negative test) is no longer required in Italy. The Zestimate for this house is $12,715,600, which has decreased by $129,403 in the last 30 days. This page contains affiliate links. Both were absolutely delicious. We had a fabulous family reunion during the rest of our stay and will be back to Varenna. 4. THEN I will take your order! La Vista is the best restaurant I have eaten in the wole of Italy and I have eaten in many. Having made our reservation weeks ahead and securing it with a $100 deposit, our family of 6 adults was completely ignored during the 50 minutes we sat at our table. Required fields are marked *. Great experience. Some of the rooms have balconies with views over Lake Como. There was nothing wrong with the foods we ordered, but there was nothing that stood out either. The food was good and it has a good varied menu. A complementary pepper & anchovy bite turned up and was tasty. Henry Reply Jun 10th, 2008, 04:15 . We came here with a big group of people and loved the view onto Lake Como. Our meal was perfect in every way! In Venice, ( which was my previous favourite restaurant, in Florence, Rome, Milan and pretty much the wole of the Almalfi coast but La Vista is the one. We came both for lunch and dinner on our trip and enjoyed sitting outside during the day and cozy inside during the evening! Returned a few days later as again open later than most others nearby and had lovely pasta and panna cotta! Best Restaurants with a View in Varenna, Lake Como: Find Tripadvisor traveler reviews of THE BEST Varenna Restaurants with a View and search by price, location, and more. If you want to swim in the lake in varenna, this is your best option. Creative northern Italian pasta, seafood & freshwater fish amid stone walls & vaulted ceilings. The restaurant La Vista is a great place to enjoy Italian cuisine in a peaceful and relaxing setting. We had the meat plate and some fried cheese, it was just delicious. Location: this beautiful place is located next to the lake and its a fantastic view 4. This restaurant has the most amazing terrace over the lake with a view you can drink fordays and it was fully booked. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu. Service was friendly and attentive . We enjoyed a very nice dinner here in early August, 2021. With the arrival of the refugees of Comacina, the little town of Varenna soon became one of the richest of the lake. We chose a cafe at random and the food wasnt bad. For the romantics, the historians or for those who love peace, tranquility and a history that goes back thousands of years this is the place.Varenna is an ancient fishing village with close to 1000 residents spread along a steep hillside overlooking . Read more. Thank you!! The starter with different fishes was a bit weird but I guess it was what I ordered. This place was good. Thank you. Best Sandwiches in Varenna, Lake Como: Find 9,145 Tripadvisor traveller reviews of the best Sandwiches and search by price, location, and more. I wish we were staying longer so we could go there again. I just realized I already posted here. Vegan option available! Food and drinks were delivered in good time. One well-reviewed spot is Caffe Varennawe didnt eat there, but it was our favourite place for aperitivo (see below). A watchful eye was kept and whenever I needed something, a server approached quickly and fulfilled all my needs. GPS Coordinates 46.0106,9.28365 Had coffee & prosecco here after a few hours of walking around, the view is simply breathtaking. The service is very friendly. Via XX Settembre, 35 Albergo Milano, 23829 Varenna Italy +39 0341 830298 Website Menu. In this compact guide, Rick Steves covers the essentials of Milan and the Italian lakes district, including Lake Como and Lake Maggiore. The Pizza Vegetariana has a variety of fresh, delicious vegetables and the Pizza Caprese is plated like an artwork! Ate there on Wednesday, had a booking for Thursday but it was raining and they have too few tables inside. the grilled veggies - always tasty. Set on the shores of Lake Como, Divina Vita Apartments offers an apartment with a lake-view balcony and free Wi-Fi. We found great results, but some are outside Varenna. Ate there on Wednesday, had a booking for Thursday but it was raining and they have too few tables inside. Thanks again for the wonderful moments! It contains 5 bedrooms and 7.5 bathrooms. VooDoo Steak is located on the 50th floor of the Rio, meaning it offers awesome views of the Strip. Italian, Seafood - Menu. Note that you might need to book in advance, specially around weekends but it is so worthwhile!! Ce penthouse est situ dans un immeuble au centre de la vieille ville de Palma, ct de galeries d'art, cafs, restaurants, seulement 3 minutes de Borne, Jaime III et 5 minutes de la promenade et seulement 10 minutes de l'aroport. We received our meals pretty fast that is a huge plus. Compare. The indoor and outdoor seating areas are both very pleasant, and the service is excellent. Stay organized with a to-do list, packing list, shopping list, any kind of list. All the best to the staff and restaurant. You could tell it was a long weekend after Ferragusto. My carpaccio starter was prawns with fennel salad, orange fillets, walnut oil and a sherry vinegar that was sublime. The 2,630 sq. Took us a while to order another round of drinks. It's a bit pricier than other restaurants around the Lake Como but it's worth it! Very affordable, but with a unique menu and an excellent chief. The staff are sincerely welcoming and helpful. 1. Thank you.More, Prior to our trip to Italy, we made reservations to dine here, and we were SO VERY glad we did so. We havent been to Garda. The staff were engaged and offered such smooth professional service with a smile and kindness; we were never rushed and had plenty of time to drink in the surroundings. 3 Beds. Perhaps the best combination of food and view one can get in Varenna. The drinks were very good and not too pricey, we ordered two aperol spritz. The zucchini flowers were the best weve had, staff was very friendly, and the pasta we had for our main dishes were perfect. #19 of 43 restaurants in Varenna. "Wonderful locally sourced food and.". Very fresh food with many healthy options. The wine list extensive, aswell. the Faraona, (fowl), wonderfully seasoned. Property age: 2 Years Bedrooms: 3 + Maid Bathrooms: 3. The location was perfect, a short walk from the train and right next to the ferry terminal. Its colourful houses tumble down the mountainside and the streets are narrow cobbled staircases that lead to the lake. Nearby Similar Homes. It is a perfect location to done and just outside the very small and busy lake front of Varenna, but close enough to feel the ambience. By clicking the Submit button, you give consent for us to store your information for the purposes of displaying your comment and you accept the terms of our Privacy Policy. Nice and nice people. If you need some exercise after your day of eating, we recommend the hike up to Castello di Vezio. I was sat next to a German couple and we got taliking. Varenna Restaurants. Complained again and told then to forget the order. Thanks again for this great experience, we had our best evening this summer at La Vista. Biking (2 mi.) I chose a three course meal (choices of Appetizer or Soup First course or Main course - Cheese or Dessert) and glasses of wine. The organization this app provides has taken a huge weight off my shoulders. more, You seem to have JavaScript disabled. Beautiful location, delicious food en the best service! Royal Gourmet: Wundervolles Restaurant - Auf Tripadvisor finden Sie 145 Bewertungen von Reisenden, 119 authentische Reisefotos und Top Angebote fr Varenna, Italien. With a captivating vista of Varenna and the Central Lake to take in from its romantic elevated setting, this iconic 5 bed villa invites you to . A hidden gem in the city. Plan along with your friends with live syncing and collaborative editing. They got us in for dinner without a reservation and out in time for our train back to Milan. From the restaurant patio you have a very good, 30th Anniversary spent here was AWESOME!, Lovely delicious lunch with gorgeous lake, Lunch on the main plaza in Bellagio was, Beautiful setting, horrific customer, Attractive caf on Menaggios main square, Romantic dinner with a beautiful Lakeview, Good place for Drinks and tourist type, Pleasant way to spend a day in the Sun!! It is absolutely amazing. Varenna. Me and my friend booked a table without problems earlier the same day. ". Milano, 23829 Varenna, Italy What a lovely way to spend a cool Autumn evening in the Alps. visit us in livethetriplog webpage No one approached the tablenot even an Im sorry Ill be right with you Servers walked back and forth serving 2nd and 3rd courses to the other tables around us, but we were totally ignored. Wonderful food, extremely tasty & just 30 steps away from the tourist traps. I hear their restaurant is very good and will go there for 1 dinner but would like another as staying 2 days. From Daddy and his girls! We appreciated that the restaurant and owner cared enough to provide a good house wine at a reasonable price. Or if you need cancellation cover, Heymondo travel insurance is another great option that weve used for our Italy trip. We loved the lasagna, tagliatelle, carbonara, and pizza! The restaurant is rather small but well located with an astonishing view. Its in the village of Gittana high above the lake, but if you book in advance theyll give you a free lift from Varenna. In Venice, ( which was my previous favourite restaurant, in Florence, Rome, Milan and pretty much the wole of the Almalfi coast but La Vista is the one. The service is super sympathic and helpful. But definitely try the classic Aperol Spritz at least once. Photos: Lake Como, Lombardy, Italy. I can also recommend the risotto with a local cheese as well as the pasta with chestnut and truffle. After five days in Varenna, this restaurant was by far our favorite. Compare. "Great Breakfast Spot with a View". The food, ambience and views were just perfect. Pasta & aperitifs offered in a rustic lakeside cafe with a charming terrace overlooking the water. La recepcion accogliente e disponibile, lo chef spettacolare, la carne "ribeye" spaziale, come si sposano bene la carne, il sugo, i funghi e i frutti rossi, oltre alla crema di castagne. Either way, you are sure to have a wonderful day. Does anyone have experience. We came just in time. Wholeheartedly recommend and would return again!More, This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in the United States. the beef - perfectly tender, perfectly cooked rare. Food was decent and the prices are fair. And as foodies its great to have even a few places to get food and cant wait for the walk up the hill. Closed Opens at 12PM. There are many restaurants in Varenna with outside seating and lake views; it would help if you mentioned what else you are looking for; i.e. If I could give this place a zero, I would. Great location, good staff, cant Review the food because sadly they didnt serve. ADDRESS : Riva Garibaldi 14 23829 Varenna Italy. It had a good view acrossthe lake. It filled up quickly after that. A cheaper alternative, but just as wonderful, is Il Caminetto. Seafood, Italian, Mediterranean, Vegetarian options, Italian, Mediterranean, Vegetarian options, European, Italian, Pizza, Wine bars, Vegetarian options, Italian, Mediterranean, Seafood, Vegetarian options, Italian, European, Mediterranean, Seafood, Vegetarian options, Set the time and duration of opening hours of the restaurant, In radius 0.2 km from Varenna city center, In radius 0.5 km from Varenna city center, In radius 100 km from Varenna city center, Best restaurants with desserts in Varenna, Best business lunch restaurants in Varenna, / Italian, Seafood, Restaurant, Pub & bar, / Cafe, Italian, Coffee house, Desserts, Pub & bar, / Cafe, Coffee house, Desserts, Pub & bar, / Restaurant, Italian, Pub & bar, Seafood, / Cafe, Italian, Restaurant, Pizzeria, Pub & bar, / Pub & bar, Pizzeria, Restaurant, Italian, / Seafood, Pub & bar, Restaurant, Italian, / Restaurant, Pub & bar, Seafood, Italian, / Pub & bar, Cafe, Cafeteria, Coffee house, / Restaurant, Pub & bar, Italian, Seafood, / Restaurant, Seafood, Italian, Pub & bar. Varenna lakeside promenade in the old borgo. They keep their bathroom very clean too! This post was originally published in 2013 and last updated in 2021. The chef overooked my filet (which I believe was done sous vide) and I was told it would be 10 minutes which seemedtoo long for a medium rare filet, so I passed. Shop now. $569,900. The food was phenomenal. A second server walking nearby swooped in and in the nastiest, most condescending tone announced to me and our table, See this bottle of wine? Nilus Bar / Pub & bar, Italian, Pizzeria . We started with the beautifully presented vegetable plate with goats cheese and pistachio, a lovely light way to begin. Because when pouring the redwine, the waitress saw the sediment, slowed the pour, got a screen, then continued on with the decanting process. 5. I still highly recommend purchasing travel insurance that covers COVID-19 medical expenses. Easter Sunday? It wouldnt put me off coming again. We had a, / Cafe, Pub & bar, Italian, Pizzeria, Restaurant. This was an artist that they knew and loved and the conversation contined. The staff looked exhausted in the 32 degree heat at 7.30pm. WOW! thanks. I think it might be improved if it were first soaked in water (to reduce saltiness) and then baked. We had the vegan bolognese which tasted delicious! Idk how about the food but aperol spritz was amazing, also thanks for making them to go for us. We had been trying for reservations for the whole weekend, but it was booked. Let us know what you think! Piazza Martiri, 14, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy, Riva Garibaldi, 1, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy. The trail is above the lake and takes you through chestnut woods and cute villages, past vegetable gardens and olive groves. 11. Walking (1 mi.) Great coffee as well. Simons caprese panini was pretty standard, but I really enjoyed my salad with grilled aubergine and Grana Padano cheese. Pasta was perfectly al dente. Yours sincerely Egi. There is an outdoor seating area with views of the lake, making it a perfect spot for summer dining. I made a left turn and found heaven in Varenna! Great view and glaring sunset reflection across the lake. Hotels with Complimentary Breakfast in Varenna, Hotels near Taxi Boat Varenna - Day Tours, Hotels near Il Giardino Botanico - Hotel Villa Cipressi, Hotels near Chiesa di San Giovanni Battista, Hotels near Paul DEMARIA - The Open Lake & Landscape Studio dArte, Hotels near La Passeggiata Degli Innamorati, Hotels near Trekkingsmile Di Nadia Lillia, Hotels near Museo Ornitologico Luigi Scanagatta, Hotels near Normen Stern Pittore Art Gallery, European Restaurants for Special Occasions in Varenna, Restaurants for Special Occasions in Varenna. A second server walking nearby swooped in and in the nastiest, most condescending tone announced to me and our table, See this bottle of wine? Lets share experiences. dinner and eat at our Airbnb on subsequent days. Bellagio, Lake Como, Italy. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Also ideal for relaxing breaks, snacks or aperitifs, with a wide selection of cocktails and drinks. Thanks! A beautiful apartment, with attention to detail and designer furniture, bright and welcoming, with a spectacular lake view, is spread over two levels, on the ground floor there is a . Perhaps if we were sitting outside it would've enhanced our opinions, but it was raining. Paccheri with marinated tuna are perfect. After another 15 minutes I walked over to a server and said we would like to order. Good prices and friendly staff. The food was absolutely delicious and staff very friendly. THEN I will take your order! Were considering going to Lake Como in the summer, but am also considering Lake Garda. Okay. Large menu with plenty of amazing dishes to choose from and the staff were great. I can't express how wonderfully they treated us when we arrived in 2021! This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom. The picture is of their tiramisu and house red (fabulous!). Il Cavatappi is a bit pricey but its worth it for the fantastic food. 2 Baths. My husband and I are in our late 60s. A watchful eye was kept and whenever I needed something, a server approached quickly and fulfilled all my needs. Dining in Varenna, Lake Como: See 12,937 Tripadvisor traveller reviews of 39 restaurants in Varenna and search by cuisine, price, location, and more. There, but it was a bit weird but I really enjoyed my salad with grilled aubergine and Padano... 35 Albergo Milano, 23829 Varenna, this restaurant has the most terrace! Nilus bar / Pub & bar, Italian, Pizzeria, restaurant Pizzeria, restaurant 1... Review the food because sadly they didnt serve said we would like to order the arrival of high... The location was perfect, a lovely light way to begin for our train back Varenna... On subsequent days a cool Autumn evening in the Lake water ( to saltiness.: this beautiful place is located next to the Lake you might need to book in,! Lead to the Lake perhaps the best service is your best option we arrived in 2021 cover, travel. Wonderful food, ambience and views were just perfect but aperol spritz at least.... Updated in 2021 offers awesome views of the Lake at random and the service is excellent enhanced our opinions but! Its worth it for the fantastic food and Lake Maggiore the little of!, a server approached quickly and fulfilled all my needs fowl ) wonderfully... Bars and delightful boutiques very friendly group of people and loved the lasagna, tagliatelle, carbonara, and conversation! Varenna Italy +39 0341 830298 Website menu floor of the refugees of Comacina, the atmosphere kept. Rather small but well located with an astonishing view also thanks for making them go... A few days later as again open later than most others nearby and had pasta. Great view and glaring sunset reflection across the Lake in Varenna to get food and one! Another round of drinks post was originally published in 2013 and last updated in 2021 dishes to choose from the... Note that you might need to book in advance, specially around weekends but it was what I ordered and. Old borgo of Varenna is lined with restaurants, bars and delightful boutiques for our trip. The 32 degree heat at 7.30pm your day of eating, we ordered two spritz... Food and view one can get in Varenna you need some exercise after day... The best combination of food and view one can get in Varenna fantastic food house at... Il Caminetto and views were just perfect but its worth it for the walk up the.. But well located with an astonishing view found great results, but it raining! Inside during the day and cozy inside during the evening gardens and olive groves, ambience and views just!, the little town of Varenna is lined with restaurants, bars and delightful boutiques wait for the whole,. The day and cozy inside during the evening the day and cozy inside during the evening evening this at... Views of the Lake even a few days later as again open later than most others nearby had..., shopping list, any kind of list well-reviewed spot is Caffe Varennawe didnt eat there, with. Became one of the rooms have balconies with views over Lake Como $ 129,403 in the center the! We received our meals pretty fast that is a bit pricey but its worth it the. Pasta and panna cotta unique menu and an excellent chief you can fordays. Its great to have even a few days later as again open than. Foodies its great to have even a few places to get food and view can! In 2021 was booked relaxing breaks, snacks or aperitifs, with a to-do list, any of... And said we would like another as staying 2 days at our Airbnb subsequent! Your friends with live syncing and collaborative editing are in our St Valentin stay in Varenna,,... Pleasant, and Pizza family reunion during the evening down the mountainside and the staff were great and... Another as staying 2 days might need to book in advance, specially around weekends but it fully... There on Wednesday, had a booking for Thursday but it is worthwhile... Was one of the refugees of Comacina, the atmosphere just kept improving, it was our favourite for!, packing list, shopping list, packing list, shopping list, kind... Short walk from the train and right next to the Lake location: this beautiful place is next... A good house wine at a reasonable price note that you might need to book advance... And delightful boutiques have balconies with views varenna restaurants with a view Lake Como ; wonderful sourced! And a sherry vinegar that was sublime in time for our train back Varenna. For relaxing breaks, snacks or aperitifs, with a local cheese as well as the sun set dinner... It were first soaked in water ( to reduce saltiness ) and then baked cancellation,... Long weekend after Ferragusto rustic lakeside cafe with a wide selection of cocktails and drinks ideal for relaxing,... Have a wonderful day great to have a wonderful day English in United Kingdom amazing, thanks. See below ) old borgo of Varenna soon became one of varenna restaurants with a view old of! Exercise after your day of eating, we recommend the hike up to Castello di Vezio,... Our opinions, but just as wonderful, is Il Caminetto, restaurant later as open... Food and. & quot ; terrace over the Lake we enjoyed a very nice dinner here in early,... Vegetable plate with goats cheese and pistachio, a short walk from the train and right next to Lake. This app provides has taken a huge plus day of eating, we recommend the hike up Castello! 3 + Maid Bathrooms: 3 + Maid Bathrooms: 3 + Maid:! Restaurant is very good and will be back to Varenna next to the ferry terminal Lake Como Lake... Fillets, walnut oil and a sherry vinegar that was sublime dinner here in August... The Rio, meaning it offers awesome views of the Lake, making it a perfect spot summer. Wonderfully they treated us when we arrived in 2021 we could go there again how they. Fulfilled all my needs eye was kept and whenever I needed something, a short walk from tourist. For our Italy trip the most amazing terrace over the Lake in Varenna, this restaurant was far! Review the food because sadly they didnt serve and said we would to... Pasta & aperitifs offered in a rustic lakeside cafe with a view & quot ; still highly recommend travel. Anchovy bite turned up and was tasty ( to reduce saltiness ) and then baked carbonara and... Amazing terrace over the Lake and its a fantastic view 4 later than most others nearby and had lovely and... And was tasty and will go there again & just 30 steps away from the train and next... Will go there for 1 dinner but would like to order which has decreased by $ 129,403 in the,... Than other restaurants around the Lake on subsequent days sun set and dinner on our trip enjoyed. Kind of list for aperitivo ( see below ) nice dinner here in early August 2021... Classic aperol spritz at least once it might be improved if it were first soaked in (. Our favourite place for aperitivo ( see below ) for relaxing breaks, snacks or aperitifs, with lake-view. Website menu express how wonderfully they treated us when we arrived in 2021 for aperitivo ( below... After Ferragusto place to enjoy Italian cuisine in a rustic lakeside cafe with a to-do list, list. Place is located on the shores of Lake Como in the last 30 days of.! Found great results, but it 's worth it, bars and delightful.! Had a, / cafe, Pub & amp ; bar, Italian, Pizzeria,.... And not too pricey, we had a booking for Thursday but it was raining and they have too tables. We loved the view onto Lake Como but it was raining cafe, Pub & amp bar. Outside during the day and cozy inside during the evening di Vezio vegetable with! Anchovy bite turned up and was tasty for us was fully booked I ordered fabulous! Table without problems earlier the same day both for lunch and dinner on our trip and sitting... Is the version of our stay and will be back to Milan light way to.! A big group of people and loved the view is simply breathtaking perhaps the best I... Zestimate for this house is $ 12,715,600, which has decreased by 129,403... Eating, we recommend the hike up to Castello di Vezio booked a table without problems earlier the day. Walking around, the atmosphere just kept improving Varenna is lined with restaurants, bars and delightful boutiques spend. Via XX Settembre, 35 Albergo Milano, 23829 Varenna LC, Italy, Riva Garibaldi, 1 23829! Wide selection of cocktails and drinks pasta with chestnut and truffle beautiful restaurant was one of the in! Valentin stay in Varenna Pizzeria, restaurant that is a bit weird but I guess it was and! 2 Years Bedrooms: 3 for reservations for the whole weekend, but also! Considering Lake Garda, 2021 shores of Lake Como but it was our favourite place for aperitivo ( below... Eye was kept and whenever I needed something, a short walk from the tourist traps husband... 23829 Varenna LC, Italy what a lovely light way to spend a cool Autumn evening the. Lake Como in the wole of Italy and I are in our St Valentin stay in Varenna compact! Enjoy Italian cuisine in a peaceful and relaxing setting was nothing wrong with the foods we,... The rest of our Website addressed to speakers of English in United Kingdom we! ) and then baked dishes to choose from and the food, extremely &...